I have to vent about what the current Australian government is doing to the country.
They spend like mad because they inherited a sizable amount from the opposition government and are making so many incredibly stupid and expensive mistakes!
That money could have gone towards the sorely needed school repairs, the under paid teachers, the aging hospital system, I could go on! But instead, it was wasted on stupid schemes to buy votes.
They love buying votes from the average Joe, but even their regular supporters are dropping away. The ones left are not properly informed, kept in the dark or worse.. they’ve been bought. As much as this government likes to claim they wanna help the working man, behind the scenes, they’re doing anything BUT!
If you’re a labour voter, you can look at this list and research it yourself if you think I’m making it up.
Let’s see what Labour & Prime Minister Rudd has done so far:
1) Baby Bonus – a debacle where bad mothers can spend the money on anything other than their kids (I’m not talking about the good mothers, I’m talking about the ones who used it on plasmas, drugs and booze instead of their newborns). It wasn’t even means tested in the beginning so anyone with a vag popping out babies can get it (underage mums, drug abusers, millionaires who don’t need this money..)
2) Emissions Trading Sscheme – which is just a big tax on the people which will also increase your electricity bill. It’s a scheme even the Greens party (the environmentalists) didn’t support because they know it doesn’t cut carbon emissions! (thank goodness it was blocked and scrapped – so where’s Rudd gonna get the money to clear our nation’s debts? Miners of course!).
3) National Broadband Network (NBN) & Telstra – Rudd bullying Telstra to sell it’s wholesale network so they can use it at rock bottom prices to roll out their broadband network to middle of nowhere places at tax payers expense to benefit a few people – the irony being the overall cost of broadband to regional and urban customers will cost MORE under Rudd even though Telstra already offers 4 times faster speed broadband than what Rudd promised but at lower price! Also, if they do manage to force Telstra to break apart (so govt can take their wholesale network), Telstra shares will drop in value – most Aussie battlers’ superannuations have investments in Telstra!!! So it means when you retire, you’ll have even less $ because of Rudd.
4) ISP Filter – anyone watch 4 Corners on ABC last night? Teens as well as old people can override the filter by Googling it! My gran can do it too! Do you think pedophiles can’t do the same? It won’t protect the children, they’re using it to protect Senator Conroy’s interests. Even the US government is saying the filter is like China’s internet censorship policy. Rudd must love China’s censorship policy – my blog could be blocked one day because I’m calling Conroy an as$h0le. Freedom of speech and internet will be culled. You know what’s funny? All the ISP providers (Optus, Unwired, Primus etc) who tested the government’s filter said there are MAJOR flaws in it. They found 38 ways to override the filter – all by Googling loopholes! When everyone asked Senator Conroy to show an independent report (funded by tax payer) on whether the filter is good or bad, he refused to release it =) I wonder why??? What’s worse, he accused anyone who is anti-filter that they must be pedophiles! How dare that f***ing s*****b**** make such claims, it’s an insult, particularly to those who have been victims of sexual child abuse! If he actually cared for the children, he would set up a task force whose main purpose is to CATCH pedophiles not blacklist some sites and let the pedophiles run free!
5) Insulation Scheme – a debacle which killed people, cost us tax payers $1 billion dollars and not to mention the thousands of fire risks sitting on people’s ceilings. Plus the unknown amount of money that will cost the tax payer to fix up all the dangerous installations! And guess what? Garret wasn’t even fired for it! Gee if they were a corporation which did a scheme that killed people, caused fires in people’s homes and put thousands of other homes at risk I’m sure the CEO would go to jail – unless of course you’re a politician in the Australian government – you get to hide and collect money from the people you were meant to protect.
6) MySchool Website– a website which does not give a comprehensive review of all schools in general, de-ranking regional schools and making teachers unhappy. It’s even causing parents to pull children out of schools because they think the school will make their kids “dumb” – regardless of how dedicated the teachers are.
7) Payments to Billionaires for Favours – Senator CONroy’s dodgy dealings with channel 7 & channel 9 giving them $250 million dollars to the billionaire CEOs of both TV stations so they can be favourable to Labour’s campaigns when election time comes. And how did the CEOs of channel 7 and channel 9 thank Senator Conroy for his I’m-so-innocent-because-I-am-Christian generousity? By taking him on ski trips and holidays, by making sure unfavourable things about Conroy are hushed from the Australian public. Oh man Telstra should seriously take a note from these guys and take Conroy on a snow trip too.
8 ) The 40% Tax on Mining Companies – the sector which is fueling Australia’s current growth is being punished. Why aren’t they taxing the banks which make just as much!? This tax will drive investment offshore (to Canada), cut jobs in Western Australia, the price of mining shares (like BHP, Rio) will go down which mean YOUR super will also lower as most super companies invest in mining stocks! Which really isn’t helping Aussie battlers are they?!? So what does the government do to cover the drop in funds when the superannuation companies lose money from their mining investments? Make the employers fill the gap by increasing super contributions so hopefully the dumb labour voters won’t notice! Won’t that piss businesses and employers off? Of course, so they tell them that in the 2010 budget, they’re going to be generous to business owners by giving them a 2% cut in company tax so they won’t vote Kevvy off.
9) R18+ Rating for Games – well lack of more like. We are the only OECD country which allows the watching of R18+ movies but not R18+ games. It’s funny because anyone can get p0rn online, even graphic images are easy to come by. There is no law to say kids can’t watch or buy R18+ movies because my local video store has ‘Girls Gone Wild’ and Kama Sultra sex DVDs on the lower shelves where kids can reach and take home to watch. Yet games where there’s shooting or zombies is far far more inappropriate for kids than watching adults having sex on a DVD – that’s what the government is essentially saying. What’s even more lame, anyone with a Paypal account can buy violent games from overseas and get it shipped here to play. Kids don’t even need their parent’s credit cards anymore to set up a Paypal account, as long as they have a normal bank account it will work.
And that my friends, is just the tip of the ice burg. What will another 4 years with Rudd bring to our table? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like Abbott either but right now, he is the lesser of two evils. I’d vote for the Greens but their votes go towards Labour so no thanks.
Honestly, if you still want to vote for Labour, then the Liberals should give you two rounds of $900 to see if you’ll change your mind.